Our Newgrange & Hill of Tara Tour is one of the only tours which includes guaranteed entrance and guided tour of Newgrange’s world-famous Passage Tomb.
- Get 5% off this tour when you book online today!
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Travel back in time and visit the burial chamber of royalty.
- Enjoy guaranteed entry to the tomb of Newgrange, included in the price.
- Spectacular views from Howth Summit!
- All entry fees are included!
- A quick stop in Howth Village, a traditional Irish fishing village outside Dublin.
- Quick photo-stop at Slane Castle!
- Guaranteed entry to the Newgrange passage tomb!
- Fully guided tour of Newgrange passage tomb included with each tour.
- Fully guided walking tour of the Hill of Tara included - a chance to see the Stone of Destiny.
- Wonderful and memorable views of Ireland's Ancient East.
- Experienced local Driver and Guide.
- Free Wi-Fi on all vehicles
- Food and Drinks
- Departures at 09:00. (Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday)
- This tour only operates between the months of April to October.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure at Dublin Visitor Centre, 17 Lower O'Connell Street, Dublin 1.
- E-ticket accepted. No need to print voucher.
- Cancellation policies apply. Please read more on our Terms & Conditions.
- We try to keep to the route but weather conditions and circumstances can changes and alter the route.
- Please be sure to bring appropriate clothing including walking shoes and rain gear.
- Subject to delays beyond Gray Line Ireland's control, we strive to keep itinerary times.
- On the morning of your tour be sure to look out for our signature Gray Line Ireland red bus!
Departing from Dublin four days a week, it is a must do for all visiting the island of Ireland. It also stops at the Hill of Tara, which was once the ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland, and you will also get the opportunity to visit Howth Harbour & Village, renowned for beautiful views over north county Dublin.
This unique and once in a lifetime opportunity includes a guaranteed guided visit to the Newgrange Passage Tomb, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dated 3,200BC and is one of the oldest Neolithic burial chambers in Europe, it is even said to be older than the Egyptian pyramids!
Finally, get the chance to visit the Stone of Destiny, Lia Fáil, which is the most famous monument at Tara and is Ireland’s ancient coronation stone.
The Stone sits on the King’s seat; and in Irish Mythology, it is said to be the Stone of Destiny, a sacred object left behind by mythic godlike people, which too was once said to be Ireland’s greatest Tribe, Tuatha Dé Danann. Legend says the stone will roar when touched by the rightful King of Tara, visitors are invited to try; you never know what might happen!
Looking for a private tour to Newgrange, then be sure to contact our Private Hire Team here today.
08.45 Check in at Dublin Visitor Centre, 17 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
09.00 Depart from Dublin City.
09.45 Arrive Howth Village.
12.00 Arrive at the Newgrange Passage Tomb.
15.45 Arrive at the Hill of Tara.
17.30 Arrive back in Dublin City Centre.