Enjoy a fully guided tour of Malahide Castle, the Dublin Bay area and a stop in Howth Village on this Malahide Castle Tour from Dublin!
- Get 5% off this tour when you book online today!
- Get a fully guided tour of Malahide Castle!
- Explore the castle grounds and the stunning walled gardens.
- Enjoy a coastal drive featuring unique views of Dublin's Northern coastline.
- Fantastic photo opportunities at the pretty fishing village of Howth.
- Admission to Malahide Castle to explore the castle grounds and stunning gardens!
- Guided tour of Malahide Castle with multilingual audio guides available.
- Guaranteed entry in to Malahide Castle's famous butterfly house!
- Guaranteed stop in Howth, a traditional Irish fishing village outside Dublin.
- Wonderful and memorable views of Dublin Bay and Howth's famous harbor!
- Experienced local Driver and Guide.
- Free Wi-Fi on all vehicles
- Food and Drinks
- Daily departures at 09:30 or 14:00.
- E-ticket accepted. Please ask our staff if you wish to print voucher.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure at Dublin Visitor Centre, 16 Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1.
- Cancellation policies apply. Read more on our Terms & Conditions.
- We try to keep to the route but weather conditions and circumstances can changes and alter the route.
- Please be sure to bring appropriate clothing including walking shoes and rain gear.
- Subject to delays beyond Gray Line Ireland's control, we strive to keep itinerary times.
- On the morning of your tour be sure to look out for our signature Gray Line Ireland red bus!
Leaving the city behind, your first stop on Malahide Castle tour will be of course Malahide Castle where you will enjoy a live-guided tour of the famous castle once owned by the very wealthy Talbot family. It is here you will also get the chance to wander the 250-acre castle grounds that are also home to an oriental garden and Ireland’s only Butterfly House, which houses 20 different exotic species of butterflies!
As you will see this is not just a tour of another tour of a Dublin castle; this is a trip through 800 years of history, were you can learn about the Talbot family and the historical events that shaped their lives, you too can explore the private rooms housing their lavish furniture and art collections, and hear tales of their battles and banquets from an expert Malahide Castle guide.
On this 45 minute guided Malahide Castle tour, you will learn interesting facts on how King Henry II gifted Richard Talbot the lands and harbour of Malahide for his services to the crown in 1185, and how the original castle was once wooden fortress but this was eventually superseded by the stone structure you see today. You too will also learn how The Talbots between the years 1185 and the 1970s, had their lands seized by Cromwellian soldiers.
You too have the time to visit Ireland’s only butterfly house located on the grounds of Malahide Castle, top tip; this where you will find the private gardens of Lord Talbot! And if this is not to your fancy you also have the option to enjoy all there is to offer in the Museum Shop, Avoca Retail & Cafe, The Malahide Outdoor Store and the Irish Centre for Cycling.
After your Malahide Castle tour comes to an end, you will continue the tour with a scenic coastal drive through the picturesque town of Malahide and then on to the traditional Irish fishing village of Howth.
Here you will get to take the time to wander around the traditional Irish fishing village before making your way back to Dublin. A short stop here allows the perfect time to visit Howth’s famous eateries and restaurants for a quick bite, our favourite is Crabby Joe’s or Beshoffs Traditional Irish Chip Shop! And if none of this is to your liking there is always time to visit Howth Market to get that perfect seaside souvenir.
Top Tip; On your journey to Howth be sure to ask your guide for Howth Summit, which overlooks Dublin Bay. it makes for the perfect photo opportunity. Our half-day trip returns to Dublin city via the coast road which gives beautiful views over Dublin Bay, St. Anne’s Park and Bull Island.
Looking for a private tour of Malahide Castle and Howth, then be sure to contact our Private Hire Team here today.
09:15 Check-in at Dublin Visitor Centre, 16 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
09:30 Departure from Dublin City
10:15 Arrive at Malahide Castle
12:50 Arrive at Howth Village
13:30 Depart Howth to Dublin City Centre
13:45 Check-in at Dublin Visitor Centre, 16 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
14:00 Departure from Dublin City
14:45 Arrive at Malahide Castle
16:50 Arrive at Howth Village
17:30 Depart Howth to Dublin City Centre